Monday, November 12, 2012

Thoughts Worth Pondering: Eastern and Western Education


 OSU Discovery Days
 Hands on learning.

 Seeing through a different lens.
 I pray, learning for life.

Oh, the word perseverance, it is easy to say, but hard to do. This article gave me needed encouragement to continue to tackle what is hard. We must look for opportunities for our children that require difficulty and determination. I, as a parent, will optimally model perseverance in the face of difficulty.

It begs me to ask of myself, what am I doing that is hard? What am I doing that requires me to be stretched? Am I modeling this for my children? Am I stretching my wings, while I ask them to stretch theirs? 

Perseverance: continued effort to do or achieve something despite difficulties, failure or opposition. Steadfastness.

No comments:

Post a Comment