Saturday, December 1, 2012

Advent Upon Us

25 Days of Pondering and Praise

Waiting for Advent. Always waiting.
Trying to come by contentment. Finding stability in the stable.
Eyes to see. Reality.
Reminded to turn towards the Lord.
Fall has pulled me in every direction but home.
I stop for a few hours and sweep the place clean.
In order to be filled with Him, I must make space for him.

A few times a year, when the weight of the stuff becomes a burden instead of a blessing, the urge to unload takes hold. A local Seventh Day Adventist Church graciously takes our hand me downs, and shares them in the community without cost. They are only hand me downs, but I'd rather give them away than donate them for a tax return slip. I am reminded that the greatest gift I'll receive this season is offered to me without cost. And so our season of Advent waiting begins with a cleaning out. A sifting of sorts. By making space for the Savior.

Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, 
or believe to be beautiful.

~ William Morris
  Six winters ago. They grow up fast. Savouring the moments this season.
  
 Advent Waiting and Wishing List

Hang some mistletoe in your home today. 
Give lots of kisses and hugs!

Begin an Advent Calender. 
Give one away in your neighbourhood, church or community. 
Spread a little cheer. 

Reserve advent books at the library. 
Our children became voracious readers during the Christmas season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment