Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Rosh Hashanah

A little something sweet for our New Year,
apple hand pies.

 My soul anticipates sunrise.
Sitting in the dark,
So often, I am dark.
Sitting in the dark,
I wait for sunrise.
Make me new.
He talks and listens.
Hope for a New Year.  
Sun Rise.

Rosh Hashanah emphasizes the special relationship between G‑d and humanity: our dependence upon G‑d as our creator and sustainer, and G‑d’s dependence upon us as the ones who make His presence known and felt in His world. (Chabad)

Some evenings at dusk, we hear a shofar...the central observance of Rosh Hashanah is the sounding of the shofar, the ram’s horn, which also represents the trumpet blast of a people’s coronation of their king. The cry of the shofar is also a call to repentance...(Chabad)

My soul responds, and I take our budding geologist (and his sister) to the creek.
 Rocks speak to us.
Rocks connect us.
He collects them. 
I carry them.
I feel rocks in my pockets and rocks in my soul. 
I release them.  
I dip my toe in the stream of repentance. 
The water refreshes me, again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment