Sunday, December 29, 2013

It Finally Feels Time to Sing Stille Nacht (Silent Night)

As the sugar rush wears off and the fog envelopes us, we still ourselves from all the activity to rest and reflect. We reflect on time with family, reminisce over memories made in 2013, and ponder the coming of 2014.
I can't help but ask myself: What will we testify to in 2014? What will we live? What paths will we walk? What hope will we impart? What hope will we gain?
 Where in the world will we create altars? 
What will we bow before and below?
What nature will we nurture and protect, and what in my own nature needs to be nurtured and protected?
Quietly, I will enter 2014. Praying for peace. Praying for the path to be made known. Trusting in His presence.Watching for His Spirit at work in the world.
I feel it is finally time to sing Stille Nacht (Silent Night), for certainly He has arrived. He didn't arrive quietly, but in order to receive Him, I must be silent. 
And so, may the new year dawning be a year of His presence and peace. May His indwelling Spirit abide within us, and may we learn to recognize His presence - which is indeed all around us. May I be what He has created me to be, and thus content in Him. May I bring my offering, as meager as it may be, and lay it at His feet. For if the rocks can praise Him, certainly so can I.
(Photos: mine)

No comments:

Post a Comment