Sunday, December 14, 2014

St Lucia of the Light and Dark Matter

There was no St Lucia Day lussekatter this year. The young lass likes to sleep in these days and glutens are a no-go. Yet, it's hard for me to lay aside traditions, especially ones that involve baking. I miss my carbohydrates, but am living this tummy diet with her. If I sat on St. Nick's lap, I'd ask him to talk to the tooth fairy about vanquishing dietary restrictions with the wave of her wand. Yet, we are learning how to nourish and be nourished in new ways.
For every carbohydrate low meal, I'm reminded it's never about the bread, but about the Bread of Life. So we sing in a new season of gratitude. Dear God, Help us send gratitude and merry tidings into the dark nights. 
We thoroughly enjoyed the Christmas Ships this weekend with grandparents. We challenged ourselves to name a gratitude for every twinkle of the lights that grace our home. We are hoping our hearts will feel lighter by Epiphany.
And on winter's eve, I find myself penning darkness and Light. 

Light and Dark, Matters
Galaxies emit light from beyond,
reflections from God's luminescent pond.
Science says dark matter signals are weak,
and fail to interact with the light we seek.

Millions of miles away, light strobes along,
coming to us on the wings of the dawn.
While dark matter engages gravity's song.

Before the origins of man, what was dark matter?
Why do we care? What was out there?

Beyond the curtain of light, time, and space,
what hides in galaxies ablaze?

The mysteries of dark matter may forever abound.
Will the universe expand or decay?
In all this, we dance unbound.

All invisible matter, is it part of me?
Opening my eyes to the universe, what do I see?

Star dust and light, dark matter formed.
Molded in man's night, by God: “Let there be light.”

Then the God Light came, a broken world to see.
This dark matter, it matters to He.

Open our eyes, living Light.
Lift the curtain of the universe and help me see.
The veil torn for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment