Monday, December 29, 2014

The Twelve Days of Christmas, Four Calling Birds

Day Four of the Twelve Days of Christmas
On the fourth day of Christmas
my true love sent to me:
Four Calling Birds
Three French Hens
Two Turtle Doves
and a Partridge in a Pear Tree

I'm continuing my series on The Twelve Days of Christmas and keeping it simple this fourth day. As I shared previously, Brian McLaren pushed me to ponder how I might put the Twelve Days of Christmas into action.

On this fourth day of Christmas, let's savour each other and nature. In the midst of our return to busyness, let's find five minutes (or more!) to simply sit with the birds, take a walk in nature, gaze out a foggy window, or look to the heavens. Let us notice the true rhythms of a world all around us that's increasingly crowded out. Let us take time for God's creatures and for each other. Let us invest in living souls and relationships. Let us lay down Facebook snippets and really know one another. Call a friend or family member. Chat. Listen. Let us offer up the gift of presence to others, just as God invites us to the gift of His presence.  2 Peter 1:3 NIV
Four Calling Birds by J. Ferwerda
Drawing Song Birds at John Muir Laws
For little artists, the Draw Write Now books are awesome, especially if someone they love spends time helping them hone their skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment