Sunday, December 16, 2012

Advent Adventures at the Inn


 
 Christmas 2011

There's no such thing as a normal Christmas. We've no Christmas tree yet. Daddy has said there will be “no trappings of Christmas without the Christ in Christmas.” I love that man. I would love a tree, but I would love a truce most. Yet again, brother and sister are renewing their need for grace with one another and their world. I'd like to blame the sugar, but I know my own heart to well for that.

As a result, brother and sister have taken to lodging together in our “school room.” They've a few days of clothes and their bedding and that's pretty much it. Their rooms are absolutely off limits until next Saturday.

Like Mary and Joseph, they are wandering in search of a place to rest. Christ's birth is imminent, desiring to make room for Him in the inn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment