Friday, January 4, 2013

Epiphany and Me

You, Lord, are my light; you dispel my darkness.
2 Samuel 22:29
 Photo by Lewis Larrson
image from Wikipedia

Epiphany, she slipped in unbeknownst to me. I didn't notice her arrival. I only noticed her presence. I knew not how long she would stay. Would she go away? She said, "Only if you banish me, will I go away. I am for all. I am for you. Let me shine through and through." And so she floods my mornings and my nights. Epiphany, she gives me sight. Epiphany, she lets in the Light.

Light


The Egyptians could not see each other, and no one left their house during that time. But the Israelites had light where they were living.  Exodus 10:23

He sends light to places dark as death. Job 12:22

There are those who reject the light; they don't understand it or where it goes. Job 24:13

The LORD is my light and my salvation; I will fear no one. The LORD protects me from all danger; I will never be afraid.  Psalm 27:1

You are the source of all life, and because of your light we see the light. Psalm 36:9

The explanation of your teachings gives light and brings wisdom to the ignorant. Psalm 119:130

No longer will the sun be your light by day Or the moon be your light by night; I, the LORD, will be your eternal light; The light of my glory will shine on you. Isaiah 60:19

The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has never put it out. John 1:5

No comments:

Post a Comment