Sunday, February 3, 2013

Love Patiently Perseveres

Words can sometimes, in moments of grace, attain the quality of deeds. ~ Elie Wiesel 

Wrestling hard to love when it hurts. Asking, am I willing to invest when it's deeply uncomfortable? I don't want to tolerate others, nor be tolerated by others. I want to invest love where it will last. I want to invest in ways that make me, mark me, and move me. Will I choose to give a love I must daily seek to acquire? A holy love obtained solely on bended knee. And you? Where are you loving where it requires growth, grace, and sometimes groaning?

"There is no safe investment. To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything, and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly be broken.  If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one." ~ CS Lewis


No comments:

Post a Comment