Sunday, July 21, 2013

If You Want to Change YOUR World, Pick Up Your Pen and Write

Around here this summer, we are working on living Martin Luther's words. Sister and brother both submitted essays to a local water park in an attempt to earn tickets for a wet adventure; they are quite sure it will change their world in good ways! 

Brother's essay fell short of the required 500 words, but we'll extend some grace. He's just eight, and writing is definitely not his favourite thing right now. His writing style is short, sweet, and to the point. Sister, however, had lots to say! While, she did not win the four tickets they offered, they were gracious and sent her two tickets for her effort. Way to go! 
The calm before the chaos!
One day, I woke up and got out of bed and fed the sea monkeys. Then I had breakfast. Around 8:00 a.m., we left to go to Evergreen's Waterpark. When we got there, I realized that I had put the sea monkeys in the car. I took them out of the car. Somehow, they got in the water park. Luckily, a life guard caught them for me.
P.S. I think they had fun. 
 ~ by Brother
Just wait, soon it will take off with kids!
Dear Evergreen Wings and Waves Park Board,

Here is my essay. I hope you enjoy reading it. I am nine years old. I'm going to be in fifth grade next year. I have been to your Wings and Waves Waterpark one time. It was really fun. I want to tell you what I liked about the H2O Museum, the Wings and Waves Waterpark, and how I think you could improve your Waterpark and Museum.

First, what's the best the best part of the Wings and Waves Waterpark? The slides! What's so great about the slides? There are so many of them, that's what! With a great variety of slides, you never know which one to choose. Should you take the yellow one, or the orange one? Maybe go on both? It's your decision! Another great place to have fun is the wave pool. With the great waves, it easily could be the funnest part of Wings and Waves. And the way the helicopter dumps water on the little kids area, it's just as much fun! I definitely like the water park as much, if not more than the museum!


Next, there are some things in the H2O Museum that I like. The vapor machine is really cool. It is so fun to get a cloud of fog right in your face. The water damming station is perfect for even the smallest child. The Mars Rovers are super fun to play with.


Finally, I think you have room for improvements. When I went to the H20 Museum your Mars Rovers quit working because there was a problem with the battery pack. Also, I never got to use the Mars Rovers because everyone wanted a turn. Evergreen should add another Mars Rover exhibit and also encourage time limits on this exhibit. In addition, the H2O Museum doesn't have many exhibits with water. I understand why you have the Mars Rovers because I know that NASA (National Air and Space Administration) is looking for water and life on Mars. Others may not know that though, so it would probably be a good idea to put up a sign by the Mars Rovers exhibit explaining that. An improvement you could make to the water park would be having a pool with fish that you can swim with. I hope you don't mind my giving you ideas for improvements.


Truly, the Wings and Waves Waterpark is a great place. I hope you enjoyed my essay about what I like at the water park, the museum, and also my suggestions for improvements. Thank you for all the fun attractions you've made, Evergreen Staff and Volunteers. I would like to share some verses with you: Genesis 1:6, “And God said, let there be a vault between the waters to separate water from water.” Genesis 1:2b, “And the Spirit of the God was hovering over the waters.” Certainly, water is very important to life, and I think it's great, that you've created a really cool water park! 

~ Sister 

No comments:

Post a Comment