Monday, October 14, 2013

Birthday Celebrations and Unexpected Brandings

We headed east this past weekend and had a great time of fellowship and fun! I came away blessed and renewed by the love and friendship in our lives. We were filled up full with people we love very much and who choose to share deeply their lives with us. I'm kicking myself for not getting more pictures of our moments, and yet, the memories we made, will remain, and I will treasure them in my heart.
Saturday, we had planned to do some hiking at Smith Rock State Park, but the weather put a stop to that. No matter, it was branding day at the ranch. Like city slickers, we watched for awhile, then headed out to rummage through a nearby antique/farm shop. Brother found a handsome Navajo bracelet for $2.00. After a long nap (for some of us), we had a lovely dinner with friends.




Coming home, we managed to get to fall tilling. I'll plant a cover crop today. We are as usual, running behind on our yard chores. Yet, the Lord and the good fall weather are helping us out.
Yes, the lambs will be butchered this week. I'm trying hard not to think about it too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment