Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Fall Marches Forward

I seem to be in catch up mode since our arrival home from Pennsylvania. I do intend to post more information on Philly and Pennsylvania. I just haven't gotten to it yet! And to be honest, I'm still pondering Gettysburg, and not at all sure, how I'm going to convey the depth of the place in few words. I do not want to do an injustice to a place of such significance and loss.

The kids are busy with art classes, piano, and fall sports. Is there anything more glorious than a beautiful fall day filled with soccer? We've had an exceptionally beautiful fall in the Pacific Northwest (minus the leftover typhoon in September), and we've been savoring sunny fall soccer around here.
 
The light slanting through the trees amazes me each morning. The soft hues and golds of fall are my favorite. I closed the animals up last night, and sat stargazing. It was early, about 8 p.m., and the moon had not yet risen. A shooting star raced across the heavens, and was gone, just that quick. Rarely, do I see them. So rarely, do I sit still long enough to ponder His creation. Working on that. 

As fall advances toward winter, we are praying about where He wants us to root in for winter, and where He may root us next year. We are trusting He will guide us to the right path, when the view is obscure.

Who is the man who reverently fears and worships the Lord? Him shall He teach in the way that he should choose. ~ Psalm 25:12 (Amplified)

In these challenging times, we can shrink back and become less, or we can become more in Him. More to our communities, more to our families, and more to those around us. How hard this is to work out, but work it out we must. 

Humoring my family, I'm known to often mix my metaphors. One example? "It's time to bite the bull by the horns." Yes, sometimes you can't just grasp the bull by the horns, you gotta bite him! Whether, it be fear, anxiety, stress, anger, frustration, or just stepping in courage, sometimes we just gotta take a chunk out of the bull! It amused me to find the Message translation of Psalm 25:12 as such:

My question: What are God-worshipers like?
Your answer: Arrows aimed at God’s bull’s-eye.

That's the way through the maze. Aim your arrow at God's bull's-eye. What is God's bull's eye? Jesus. Love. Grace. Truth. Faith. Hope. Forgiveness. Intentionality. Action.

No comments:

Post a Comment