Thursday, August 15, 2013

Water Birth

When you pass through the waters,  I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers,  they will not sweep over you. ~ Isaiah 43:2

The water beckons me come. The memory of the womb, lies deep within. The water soothes me, gently lapping at lovely memories. The water and womb, a place where my chatter and chaos meets calm.

There are barriers to be crossed for sure. But, barriers, when crossed, birth us.

The water lapping against the piers, is just now, gentle. But some days the waves rage and the land disappears. There is only the wave, but it shall not consume. Though the barrier of the bar must be crossed, hold onto that wave. Ride it out. Ride it high. Trust. He who made the wave, will take you and I to shore. A shore in which we might hold our head up, and discover a new and distant land.

Ride the wave. Ride it high. 

~ Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment